Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Day 89 (Fateful Decision)

Wendy:

It’s been a while since my last blog. We’ve had so much going on here that I haven’t had time to write lately. Murphy has continued to do well and has made improvement everyday in his training, but I had to make a really tough decision recently about whether or not to take him back to Oklahoma or compete in the Mustang challenge. Through several days of praying and asking God what I needed to do I felt I got a clear answer to take him back. I won’t go into all the details, but the decision had nothing to do with Murphy. He is a wonderful horse and with a little more training will make someone a great partner. I just wasn’t able to have my cake and eat it too. There is a possibility that my mustang could have still been competitive to the extreme and been able to pull off a win, but with my lack of extra time and more on my schedule than I could handle, I felt that I needed to put more time into him that what I had to give. I enjoyed working with Murphy and building the relationship with him and I was very happy to hear that he would be going to another trainer to be finished out and eventually sold. I was really worried that all that hard work would go down the drain. I wanted to include several pictures of Murphy on our last obstacle course workout and also other special pictures of my little boy Tristan that I thought would get a laugh. This kid’s got potential, he is already helping mom teach a clinic, and man can he clean those stalls. Ha ha