Saturday, August 11, 2007

Day 67 through 70 (Bringing Up Baby...)

Wendy:
I’ve ridden Murphy a few more times this week, just finished up with a ride a little while ago. We moved out under saddle at a walk, trot, and canter and he is doing well with that. I started working on more steering and vertical flexion. Murphy seems to be taking that all in stride. I include some spook proofing things with the ground work and riding for my makeover mustang. I put my son Tristan’s play pen in the shade so that I could keep a close watch on him and yet still get Murphy ridden today. Murphy didn’t know quite what to think about that noisy little kid crawling around and pulling up on the side of the play pen. Steve saved the day when he came out to get pictures. I think Tristan had just about enough of being confined and was sure letting me know about it. It is really hard to focus on your mustang when your baby is yelling. ha ha

I was unable to ride two days this week due to putting up square bales for the winter. Steve, Colton and I loaded and unloaded over 600 bales and the heat index was well over 100 degrees so needless to say I didn’t have much energy to ride a horse after that, so I was bound and determined to ride today. I can’t tell you how excited I am about Murphy’s progress. He seems really smart and willing to try anything if it isn't to extreme. If I can just keep building that confidence we may just be able to do some pretty fun things, who knows!!!!