Friday, July 6, 2007

Day 30 (Rain and Training)

Steve:
I think Diago and I have developed web feet with all this rain. The past weeks training has been spent mostly in the barn. The rain has so saturated the ground that training is difficult. It has however allowed me to cover other things that I had planned to at a later date, so technically I haven’t really lost time training I just changed the program up. I have been ready to put the first ride on him but haven’t been able to that either. I’m hoping to put the first ride on this week. I have a friend with a covered arena that will allow me to ride him until we dry up enough to continue at our place. I have also taught Diago to trailer load and he is doing well. I have high hopes for him but I know he and I still have a Looonnnngggg way to go.